The ACB Candidates’ Page is a place where you can introduce yourself, post links to your social media pages, and where you can provide responses to the questions posed by the Board of Publications.
At this year’s ACB convention, we will be electing a total of five officers. Questions for candidates are below. Please note: Your response to each question will be cut off at 300 words, and the BOP will not edit your responses for spelling or grammar mistakes.
To get to the individual candidates’ pages, click here http://acb.org/2019-acb-candidates-page
Questions for Officer Candidates
- Introduce yourself and list the office for which you are planning to run. Explain why you wish to serve as an officer of the ACB.
- Summarize any experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities you have which qualify you to serve in the office for which you are seeking election.
- What do you consider to be your strongest contribution to ACB at either the national, state, special-interest affiliate or local chapter level and why?
- What do you consider to be the most important challenge facing ACB? How will you work to address it?
If you wish to provide contact e-mail addresses and links to web sites or social media sites where ACB members can obtain more information, you may do so.
Instructions for Candidates’ Page Submissions
- You must be an ACB member in good standing.
- Submissions must be in braille, in print or submitted electronically. You may submit your electronic entries in Word, as an ASCII text file, or in the body of an email.
- Email electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Candidates’ Page Submission.”
- Mail print, braille and electronic submissions on thumb drives to: American Council of the Blind, Attn: Candidates’ Page, 1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311.
- The deadline for all Candidates’ Page submissions is May 17, 2019 at 4 p.m. Eastern. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
All candidates who post information to the ACB Candidates’ Page will be invited to participate in the ACB Candidates’ Forum. This year, the BOP is partnering with ACB Radio to make the Candidates’ Forum bigger, better, more inclusive and more informative than ever before. Join us by phone and by ACB Radio to meet the candidates, to ask the questions and to hear the responses. The Candidates’ Forum will be held Wednesday, June 19 at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific, and will run for 2 hours.
You can listen to the Candidates’ Forum via ACB Radio, www.acbradio.org, or ACB Radio by phone, (605) 475-8130.