Volume LVII January 2019 No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- Glancing Back Before Going Through the Door to 2019, by Eric Bridges
- Board Meets in October, November and December to Take Stock and Plan for the Future, by Ron Brooks
- Tours for 2019: Genesee Country Village, Baseball Hall of Fame, Niagara Falls and More, by Janet Dickelman
- March to the Beat of a Different Drum: Apply to Become a 2019 DKM First-Timer, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Call for Nominees for 2019 ACB Awards, by Debbie Rozear and Debra Trevino
- The BOP Seeks to Award Excellence, by Ron Brooks
- Begin 2019 by Supporting ACB, by Jean Mann
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.