Volume LI June 2013 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
The Braille Forum (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
Copyright 2013 American Council of the Blind
All content created initially for use by ACB in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Creative content that appears elsewhere originally remains the property of the original copyright holder. Those responsible for creative content submitted initially to ACB are free to permit their materials to appear elsewhere with proper attribution and prior notification to the ACB national office.
Table of Contents
- ACB E-Forum June 2013 downloads
- President's Message: Will There Ever Be A Unified Organized Blind Movement? by Mitch Pomerantz
- Looking for a Few Good Advocates by Melanie Brunson
- Countdown to Convention by Janet Dickelman
- The Candidates' Page Is Back!
- The Universe Can Be Yours at the Exploration Party Auction
- Nearing the Finish Line: Show Your Support for the 5th Annual ACB Walk! by Rebecca Bridges
- Extra, Extra! Convention Newspaper Now Seeking Volunteers
- Affiliate News
- Committee News
- Summary of the Midyear Board Meeting by Paul Edwards
- No Easy Answers for Long-Term Care by Ron Pollack
- Will We Ever Gain Access to Game Consoles? by Anthony James
- Apathy or Advocacy: Which Shall We Choose? by Larry P. Johnson
- Letter to the Editor
- A Dream Come True: 'Roots, Reflections, and Role Models' by Sila Miller
- Here and There edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
Forum Subscription Notes
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
Are You Moving? Do You Want To Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
ACB Radio has a new and improved web site; come see for yourself at www.acbradio.org.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio News and Information Service at acbradio.org.