Volume LVIII April 2020 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Traveling with Pets in Stormy Weather, by Dan Spoone
- ACB’s Winter Board Meeting: Breaking New Ground, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Make Your Plans Now to Attend This Year’s Convention, by Janet Dickelman
- Professional Development at Convention, by Carla Ruschival
- Give Honor Where Honor Is Due, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Get Up-To-Date Information in Schaumburg
- Your Vote Counts, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Calling All DKM First-Timer Partners, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Spring Has Sprung at the Mini Mall, by Carla Ruschival
- The Day It Snowed in Seattle, by Deb Cook Lewis
- ADA Paratransit Eligibility Form Now Fully Accessible in Tucson, by Chris Desborough
- Career Launch @ Perkins: Putting Young Adults on the Path to Professional Success
- Another View: Do We Value Heroes or Role Models?, by Larry P. Johnson
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forum
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
Keep up with the haps when affiliates stream conventions at www.acbradio.org/news.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.