Volume LVII October 2018 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- A Sneak Preview of Rochester, by Janet Dickelman
- The Number-10 Dillon Express Was a Huge Success!, by Donna Brown
- ACB Holiday Auction Reminder, by Carla Ruschival
- The Rehabilitation Issues Task Force and Employment: What Are We Fighting For?, by Doug Powell
- Benefits of Becoming Involved with Your State’s Rehabilitation Council, by Bob Hachey
- Disability and the Evolving Workplace, by Peter Altschul
- The Randolph-Sheppard Employment Program: More Than Just Vending Stands, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Beyond a Job: Career Development at the Seattle Lighthouse, by Ron Brooks
- How to Work on Work, by Paul Edwards
- Today’s Theme: Seeking Your Feedback, by Ron Brooks
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com, or visit www.ablists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio World News and Information at www.acbradio.org.