Vol. LIII May 2015 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, May 2015 Downloads
- President’s Message: Riding the Rails, by Kim Charlson
- ACB Sues Four D.C. Cab Companies for Discrimination Against People Who Use Guide Dogs, by Melanie Brunson
- Convention Week Sneak Preview, by Janet Dickelman
- Show Your Love for ACB and Get the Chance to Win up to $5,000!
- Got an Amendment for the ACB Constitution and Bylaws? A Few Reminders, by John Huffman
- Join the Stampede at the ACB Brenda Dillon Memorial Walk, by Donna Brown
- An Update on Giving Societies, by Tom Tobin
- ACB Monthly Monetary Support Program (MMS) Funds Many Useful Services, by George Holliday
- Seeing Can Be Deceiving, by Ken Stewart
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- UEB, by Nancy Scott
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/café.