Vol. LIV July 2015 No. 1
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, July 2015 Downloads
- President’s Message: Go Team: ACB and Baseball, by Kim Charlson
- FCC Issues Rules to Improve Access to Emergency Information, by Melanie Brunson
- Staying Connected in Dallas, by Janet Dickelman
- Free Indoor Wayfinding at ACB 2015: What You Need to Know Ahead of Time
- Crossroads 2015: The Highway to Success, by Carla Ruschival
- Facebook Accessibility for Users with Visual Impairments: What Facebook Wants You to Know, by Bill Holton
- Miles to Go Before We Rest, by Larry Johnson
- Walking a Mile in Heels Leads to Community Involvement, by Lenny McHugh
- Timed to Perfection, by Ryan Lucas
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
Want to hear the convention general sessions, the Candidates’ Forum, the Showcase, or the banquet as they happen? Go to www.acbradio.org/mainstream. If you’re looking for one of the afternoon sessions, visit www.acbradio.org/live.
Want to stream your affiliate’s convention? ACB Radio can help you out; write to firstname.lastname@example.org.