by Janet Dickelman
Don’t miss our virtual exhibit hall, our audio-described tour channel, ACB general sessions, and all the programs and seminars from our special-interest affiliates, committees and business partners. Join the American Council of the Blind in our first ever virtual convention.
Convention dates are July 3rd through July 10th.
If you have registered for the convention, you will receive Zoom invitations for the sessions you have selected and can join via computer or phone. Much of the conference will be streamed on ACB Radio using multiple streams. All general sessions and much of our afternoon and evening programming will be live streamed on ACB Radio. Other sessions will be recorded and replayed on ACB Radio. Sessions will be available as podcasts after the convention and archived for later listening on ACB Radio.
There are several options to listen to ACB Radio:
- Listen from your computer by going to acbradio.org and selecting the stream you want to hear.
- Follow the convention via ACB Link on your smartphone - Download ACB Link from the Apple app store for your iPhone or from the Google Play Store for your Android phone.
- Listen on the telephone by calling (518) 906-1820.
Listening via Your Alexa
Follow the convention using Alexa. Seven Alexa skills exist for your use. The following phrases should be used to launch the streams:
- To play the ACB Radio Mainstream channel, say “Open ACB Radio Mainstream.”
- To play the ACB Radio Mainstream West channel, say “Open ACB Mainstream West.”
Note: Do not say “Open ACB Radio Mainstream West.” We can only use three words.
- To play the ACB Radio Cafe channel, say “Open ACB Radio Café.”
- To play the ACB Radio Community channel, say “Open ACB Radio Community.”
- To play the ACB Radio Live Event channel, say “Open ACB Radio Live.”
- To play the ACB Radio Special Event channel, say “Open ACB Radio Special.”
- To play the ACB Radio Treasure Trove channel, say “Open ACB Radio Treasures.”
Follow the latest goings-on at the convention on Facebook and Twitter, www.facebook.com/americancounciloftheblindofficial, www.twitter.com/acbnational. View our YouTube Channel at http://tinyurl.com/gloz7bq. Additional listening options will be posted to the website and to the convention email list.
Assistance During the Convention
If you need assistance during the convention, contact our technology help desk via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (612) 470-1959. For general convention questions, call our convention information desk at (612) 470-1947 or email them at Acb.email@example.com. You can reach help desk representatives between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Staying in Touch
To receive the most up-to-date convention information, subscribe to the convention announce list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, I wish we could all be together in Schaumburg, but our 2020 Path to the Future will be a convention we will never forget. I look forward to sharing this experience with long-time convention attendees and those of you who haven’t been able to join us in the past.
2020 exhibit information: Michael Smitherman, (601) 331-7740, email@example.com
2020 advertising and sponsorships: Margarine Beaman, (512) 921-1625, firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other convention-related questions, contact Janet Dickelman, convention chair, at (651) 428-5059 or via email, email@example.com.